Lesson Plans & Curriculum
Guides and Resources
At Digital Dream Labs, we understand the challenges that educators face when implementing new classroom technology and have teamed with leading digital literacy instructors to develop lesson plans and effective programming guides.
Prepare for each class with detailed lesson plans, complimentary worksheets, and assessments. Download our 8-Week Coding Curriculum.
A quick guide highlighting a few different tools that can be used together to introduce computational thinking in your classroom. Download our Station Rotation Guide.
Curated content for teachers covering everything from classroom management to tips for writing a grant proposal.
Know how each of the games aligns with the standards (Common Core, ISTE, P-21 Framework) to which your school district adheres. Download the Standards Alignment Guide for Cork the Volcano below.
One of the most common concerns educators face when implementing new materials is understanding how the purchase will align with their mandated classroom standards. Puzzlet’s games satisfy ISTE, Common Core, and P-21 standards.
If you would like to review detailed information about Puzzlet’s mission to align with educational standards, click below to download the Standards Alignment Guide.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
- Apply existing knowledge to generate new ideas, products and processes
- Create original works as a means of personal or group expression
- Identify trends and forecast possibilities
CRITICAL THINKING, PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
Students use critical thinking skills to plans and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
- Identify and define authentic problems and significant questions for investigation
- Plan and manage activities to develop a solution or complete a project
- Use multiple processes and diverse perspectives to explore alternative solutions
Learn more about Cork the Volcano’s alignment with ISTE by downloading the Standards Alignment Guide.
READING FOUNDATIONAL SKILLS
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.1.A — Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
SPEAKING AND LISTENING
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.K.1 — Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.K.1.A — Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.K.1.B — Continue a conversation through multiple exchanges.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.1 — Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
Learn more about Cork the Volcano’s alignment with Common Core by downloading the Standards Alignment Guide.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
- Use a wide range of idea creation techniques.
- Create new and worthwhile ideas (both incremental and radical concepts).
- Elaborate, refine, analyze and evaluate their own ideas in order to improve and
maximize creative efforts.
Work Creatively with Others
- Develop, implement and communicate new ideas to others effectively
- Be open and responsive to new and diverse perspectives; incorporate group input
and feedback into the work.
- Demonstrate originality and inventiveness in work and understand the real world
limits to adopting new ideas.
- View failure as an opportunity to learn; understand that creativity and innovation
is a long-term, cyclical process of small successes and frequent mistakes Implement Innovations Act on creative ideas to make a tangible and useful contribution to the field in which the innovation will occur.
Learn more about Cork the Volcano’s alignment with P-21 by downloading the Standards Alignment Guide.