- DDL CONNECT SUBSCRIPTION
Animation and Sound Engineer
At Digital Dream Labs you will be welcomed to an open, inclusive, and diverse organization. We offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries to comprehensive health benefits.
Our work is fun, challenging, and rewarding. Our culture promotes curiosity through on-going learning initiatives, a flexible work environment, and benefits to support work-life balance. We are looking for team members who are innovative, customer and growth-focused, and passionate about solving problems and delighting our customers.
Onsite preferred but not required
Job Summary: You will be responsible for evolving the quirks and engagement of the Vector robot from its intricate movements to the way it sounds.
Core Responsibilities and Day to Day Activities:
- Animate our robotic characters using innovative 3D animation techniques.
- Help define the character & personality of our robots
- Design their emotional core, character performance and how they react to the world around them.
- Collaborate with:
- Playtesting | on emotional engagement with real people.
- Engineering | on custom robot animation authoring tools & systems.
- Audio Designers | on character-based audio assets and events.
- Help develop characters that feel believable and alive.
- Own implementation of audio assets for projects studio wide, including voice, music, and sound design.
- Push the envelope in audio design for real world, physical applications
- Work well together in a fast paced team environment
- Must be able to animate in a 3D software, preferably Autodesk Maya.
- WWISE or equivalent interactive audio middleware experience
- Good grasp on the 12 principles of animation.
- Great collaborator. Able to demonstrate brainstorming skills.
Nice to Have:
- 2D animation tool expertise (e.g. AfterEffects) is a plus.
- Linear post production audio experience on trailers, film, TV, commercials a plus
- Experience with physical product / toy industry a plus
Years of Experience Preferred: 1-2 years.
Digital Dream Labs is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania but we’re considering candidates across the United States. All interviews will be conducted remotely. If you are in the Pittsburgh area and choose to work in the office, the following COVID-19 protocols will be in place.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To be considered, please send your resume and relevant application materials to email@example.com
Back to Job Opportunities